Monday, March 14, 2011


I wish I was writing here more often, but when I have time to do things, blogging is usually at the bottom of the list.
Geoff lost one of his jobs last week, which left us in a financial crunch that we're still crawling out of. Of course, this is exactly when everything decides to go wrong. My Evenflo Comfort Select Performance decided to fail me, so we decided to invest in a Medela swing (although I don't agree with their business ethics). We were hoping to wait until we had the money, but there was just no way to wait unless we wanted to give Leo more formula (which is a whole different topic).
Poor Leo. I signed us up for a bunch of free gifts (from reputable sources of course) and among other things, we received a free tin of Enfamil formula. Leo usually gets only 6 oz of formula a day, of the Good Start variety. Being in a tough spot money-wise, we decided to give the Enfamil a shot. Baaaad idea. For the next couple days, Leo was horribly constipated. Each time he would manage to pass a bit, he would cry and scream in pain. It was the first time he'd ever dealt with this issue and it just broke our hearts each time he would go through such pain and energy only to find such minimal relief.
Naturally, we nixed the Enfamil and managed to find the funds for his regular stuff. It's not cheap; I'm glad he mainly breastfeeds. As (bad) luck would have it, mere hours after spending the money we received a free tin in the mail.
I also had some dental work that needed to be done before my dental runs out in the beginning of April but even with coverage, it is just not feasible right now.
So in a lot of ways, it is a difficult time right now, but Leo is my ray of sunshine through the clouds. He smiles and coos a fair bit now, and is even okay to hang out in his swing or vibrating chair for anywhere up to an hour.
Despite our struggles, I feel fantastically blessed to be the mother of this amazing child.

No comments:

Post a Comment