Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh little blog, how easy it is to neglect thee

I don't have the discipline required for blogging, and it's so disappointing. One post in June, none in July. What is that? I guess I'm pretty busy actually living my life, so I'm left with no time to record it. Even saying that sounds a little hokey, though, 'cause my life really isn't that busy. Let's see what happened in July.

-Leo got his 6 month vaccinations. It was a pretty big deal to me because he was so amazingly good. I think he cried for maybe 10 seconds, until I grabbed the rainstick toy he seemed to enjoy so much after he got his 4 month shots. I'm still on the lookout to buy one of those.

-On the same day as his vaccinations, Leo graduated from an infant carrier to a convertible car seat. Big boy!

-I ordered and received a new mei tai style baby carrier. It's so pretty, and much much cooler than the old Moby Wrap we were using. He seems to enjoy it quite a bit, and it's very comfortable to wear. Also much cooler for summer use. I'm so happy we've got it.

-Leo mastered his rolling skills completely! It was so much fun to watch him actually enjoy tummy time now that he can get onto his back again if he feels like it.

-Food! The little one has begun discovering the joys of food, both semi- and solid. So far he's tried banana, strawberry, pears, peas, carrots, sweet potato, regular potato, pork, poached egg, watermelon, yogurt, meringue, and beef jerky (oops!). His favourites are definitely pears and watermelon, and yogurt too.

-We celebrated Leo's half birthday by staying in our pajamas all day and just hanging out. Incidentally, this was the day his first two teeth decided to make an entrance!

-We ordered and received a new stroller, the Mamas & Papas Luna Mix. It is a three wheeler as opposed to our old four wheel Graco travel system. Strangely, our transit system requires that infants be in a stroller when you enter/leave the bus. This leaves us without the ability to babywear while traveling, as we don't own a car.

I know that there were more eventful things that happened last month, but this mama is tired! We went with my parents to watch the Snowbirds today, and it was hot and the little guy didn't nap today so he was cranky. He is slapping my breast and whining as I type. I hope I don't decide to take another month long hiatus after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment