Monday, September 5, 2011

I often feel like I don't take Leo out often enough to learn about and get to enjoy the world. We go on walk all the time, sure, but living in a suburban community (I use the term loosely, there's no real "community" here) on the side of a mountain when you have no vehicle makes it rather difficult to get into town.

But yesterday we had a chance to really do something. The annual Armstrong Fair was open! So we loaded up the Grandparent's vehicle and headed out on a two hour drive to the Interior Provincial Expedition. It's an agricultural fair with lots of livestock/animals and a midway, as well as many vendors and a fantastic food fair. The last time I went to the fair, I was 16. I spent the whole time drinking, toking and going on rides. Not my proudest point. Needless to say, I had a very different experience this year. It was so exciting to experience the fair through the eyes of motherhood.
The majority of our time was spent just wandering among the different booths and vendors. We briefly visited the poultry barn but the roosters terrified Leo. We left pretty quickly when he began screaming. We unfortunately weren't able to visit the cows or pigs and the like, because the barns were so dusty that they were irritating baby boy's asthma, but he seemed to have a blast looking around at all the people as we wandered.

When we got hungry we decided that instead of eating at the dusty, overcrowded food fair, we would have a picnic at this beautiful park an hour away. It was so wonderful. I'm exhausted tonight and words are escaping me but yesterday was the best day I've had in so very long.

Leo & his maternal grandparents.

Enough pictures to bore a person to death, but to me, this is perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment